Rated Top 10 in the WORLD by TripAdvisor!
Tamaki Maori Village Rotorua is New Zealand’s most awarded Maori cultural attraction. Enjoy an evening maori culture experience & traditional hangi feast as the village comes alive with the sights, sounds and activities of days gone by.
You’ll discover maori art forms, ancient rituals and traditions, including facial tattooing, warrior training, stick games, weaving, carving demonstrations and more. Learn the world famous haka, or try your hand at the graceful poi. View your hangi meal as it is pulled up from the earthen pit where it has been cooking on hot rocks in the ground for several hours before your arrival! Then experience a powerful and thrilling performance of song, dance, the art of weaponry and much more in the traditional Wharenui (meeting house).
Finally, sharing food is an important part of maori custom, so you will then be invited to share a traditional hangi buffet feast with your maori hosts.
Overnight marae stay option available.
- Transfers to and from all Rotorua accommodation
- Traditional welcome ceremony
- Life-sized interactive Maori Village experience
- Powerful and entertaining cultural performance
- Traditional Hangi Buffet Feast followed by a delicious dessert
- Wheelchair accessible, highchairs available
- Vegetarians and other special dietary requirements catered upon request
- Licenced bar available